from the founder
I am the Pastor of an Independent Baptist Church and the State Coordinator for New York Baptists for Biblical Values. My purpose is to inform preachers in their pulpits as well as the people in the pews of New York State that they might be involved in the legislative process in our State’s Capitol for Biblical values.
our biblical mandate
1 Timothy 2:1-4 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."
- To bring Light to the halls of government
- To connect Pastors directly to their legislators in Albany.
- To connect our church members to legislative issues.
- INTERCESSION is required of us "...For kings, and for all those in authority...that we may lead a quite and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty…" 1 Timothy 2:1
- INFORMATION must be gathered and disseminated. "And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do…" 1 Chronicles 12:32
- INTERACTION happens when we as individuals call our representatives and ask them to vote for or against a piece of legislation that is of interest to us. "...and how shall they hear without a preacher?" Romans 10:14
- INITIATION is the ongoing process of enlisting independent Baptists to be ready and willing to contact their representatives in Albany.
- To have an influential presence in Albany
- To continually disseminate legislative information
- Local and National Conventions (Capitol Connection)
- Involvement in local elections
- Getting every Independent Baptist Pastor in New York State involved
- Getting every individual independent Baptist church member involved
- Making this effort a part of our church ministries
duties of every christian
- Pay for our Government. Romans 13:6 "For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing."
- Pray for our Government. 1 Timothy 2:1-2 "prayers...for kings..."
- Praise our Government. 1 Peter 2:17 "Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king."
- Preach to our Government. We need to be civil, not silent. Elijah preached to King Ahab. Eliazar preached to King Jehoshaphat. Daniel preached to Nebuchadnezzar. Moses preached to Pharaoh. John the Baptist preached to Herod. Jesus preached to Pontius Pilate. Paul preached to King Agrippa.
Fill out the form below in order to receive emails regarding legislation for which we need to contact our representatives.
- Home Address
- Church name
- Church address
- Church phone